Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm


I have a million of these. There's one in my purse, office, car, jacket pocket, and by my bed. It's absolutely the best of the billion kinds of lip balm I have tried so far, and against my better instincts I have tried lip balms costing over fifteen bucks. This one costs around $3 (sometimes goes on sale at drugstore.com) at drugstores (and Borders Bookstores) , which is yet another reason I am devoted to it.

It's tingly, long-lasting, not waxy, and extremely moisturizing. Some folks don't like the intense peppermintiness, and some might have allergy or moral issues (contains lanolin and, as you would expect, beeswax). I practically worship it. Other Burt's Bees products are hit and miss for me, but this one has been my constant companion since I discovered it a decade ago.

Consider:
+ No messy pot (does come in a pot version if you like that sort of thing)
+ Honey (I don't care for this one, too perfumey) and Pomegranate (yum!) flavor options, also versions with color and/or shimmer, and natural sunblock (just the Lifeguard's Choice one)
+ Smells way better than Carmex
+ Isn't habit-forming like some other brands (Softlips, I am looking at you)
+ Tube contains 50% post-industrial recycled plastic
+ Generally doesn't damage anything if it goes through the washer and dryer (I, er, launder them rather often...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the shimmer - I wear the coffee shade - and keep one on my desk for after lunch touch ups.

It's not long wearing, but it doesn't dry out my lips like the long wearing ones do. I love the zing of the peppermint.

I had issues with the sunscreen / lifeguard's choice, quite honestly. My lips aren't naturally well defined and it seemed white on wearing. I don't need any help looking pale and washed out, thanks.